Tuesday, December 7, 2010

How to Get All My Apps Back ? [Q]


I purchased an iPhone 4 and upgraded to iOS 4.02 before I realized that it couldn’t be jailbroken.  When 4.1 came out, I upgraded and began the wait for a jailbreak.   Today, I swapped out my phone at the Apple store because of a problem with the phone.
Here is the issue : I need to restore the phone from iTunes to get my 80 or so apps back on the phone. When I connected it to iTunes, it notified me that the phone was not compatible because I had already upgraded to 4.1 on the application. I checked and the new handset I got had 4.01 installed! Now I’m jailbroken!! How do I get iTunes to “downgrade” to iOS 4.01 so I can get all my apps back on. I’d hate to have to install them one by one from the phone. I guess I could do that and wait until 4.1 is broken, and then upgrade the phone.
Thoughts ??