Thursday, December 9, 2010

Beginners Guide To Jailbreaking ? [Q]


As a new iPhone 4 owner, I wanted to verify a few things before I stepped into the unknown waters of the jailbreaking world.


  1. First and foremost, I wanted to know if the jailbreaking of my iPhone could be 100% reversed (in one way or another) resulting in no permanent damage to my phone.
  2. Secondly, I was curious to know if my warranty for my phone would be void if I were to jailbreak it.  Additionally, (relating to the first question) would I be able to revert my phone back to its original state and have my warranty be “un-voided”?
  3. Thirdly, I have been reading about problems with the jailbreak, and the one that seems most troublesome to me is the potential to not be able to send/receive some messages.  Is this problem common with the jailbreak? Is there a fix?
  4. Lastly, are there apps that I have purchased from the App store that will not be compatible with the jailbreak?  How do I know which Apps work and which don’t?
I thank you very much for your time and consideration in helping me through this process.  As someone who realizes he knows very little about jailbreaking, I wanted to be more knowledgeable before I decide to take action on my precious phone.