Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Q: Iphone 4 Froze after Installing Cydia – Cannot Switch OFF Phone


I just jailbreaked my iPhone 4. The jailbreak went smoothly, Cydia was installed. I ran Cydia, did the full update/upgrade I was prompted to, then afterwards I tried to install Winterboard. This led me to a screen showing an advertisement with an “install” icon in the top right which I pushed. It
installed and prompted me to click the reboot button, which I did.
The phone turned off, but is stuck on the powering-on screen. Holding down the lock and home button to turn it off only makes the apple logo disappear for a second as if it is turning off, but then the logo reappears and the phone is still frozen. When I connect my frozen iPhone 4 via USB to my Macbook Pro, it does not show up as a connected device. How do I fix and unfreeze my phone?
Thank you