Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Iphone Screen Zoomed in Too Much [Q]


About a 6 weeks ago I jail-broke my iPhone 4.  I’ve been using it religiously for the wi-fi tethering and face-time anywhere.  I haven’t downloaded any “rock” apps other than a theme I’ve been using for about a month.  I sync my iPhone at least 2-3 times per week if not more.  Last night I synced my phone and an icon came up saying about :


There are purchased songs on your iPhone that have not been transferred to your iTunes library. Would you like to transfer these now? (if these are not transferred to the iTunes library, they will be lost during sync
I’m sure the exact wording was a little different but I don’t have a photographic memory. I didn’t remember purchasing any other songs in the last day (I did a sync the day before) but I have a very spacey memory so I went ahead and click ‘transfer’ . The sync went as usual, phone worked just fine, no glitches or anything.  I set my alarm last night, plugged in my phone to charge and went to bed. The alarm went off this morning and without opening my eyes, I turned it off.
When  I did open my eyes, the home screen icons had been blown up/zoomed in so huge that only 6 icons could be seen at a time.  I could scroll around on the screen to see other icons, but wanted it fixed.  I held down the power button to turn it off  but the slide screen at the top wasn’t visible because it was so zoomed in, and I couldn’t move this screen around.  So then I did a ‘hard reset’ and held down the power button and home button until the Apple showed up.  I let it turn off and it turned back on.  Everything was still the same. I tried it two more times and nothing changed. Now i can’t unlock my phone to use it because it’s zoomed in on the center of the locked screen and the slide bar is too far down (screen wont move around).
I’m trying to avoid wiping it and restoring to factory settings because I don’t want to have to repurchase the jailbreak.  I’m willing to if that’s my only option, but I’m hoping something else will fix it.
HELP !! I need my phone to function for tonight. I am on call at the hospital and spend almost all on call nights texting back and forth (which I can’t do right now since I can’t unlock my phone!)
Should I try to re-sync it ?